Welcome theHindu new year “Vilambi naama savathsara” with delicious carrot coconut burfi with jaggery.
Desiccated or dried coconut and Carrot mitayi or Burfi is very easy to make tasty sweet using jaggery.
You can prepare this on festivals like Ganesha, Gowri, Gokulashtami, navarathri as well.
Coconut Carrot Burfi
- 2 cups of grated dried coconut or desiccated take only the white part
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups Jaggery powdered
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 3 cardamom
- grease the plate with ghee and keep it ready
- Melt the jaggery with ¼ cup of water on medium heat.
- Powder dried coconut along with cardamom to a coarse texture Transfer this powder to a thick bottom pan
- Grind the carrot to a fine paste (add water if required )Transfer this carrot paste to the powdered coconut
- Strain the melted jaggery to the coconut-carrot mix
- Mix , and keep this on stove on medium low heat, keep stirring,
- Consistency of the mix will be little liquidy in the beginning, to prevent the hot syrup from splatter around cover it with a plate and stir as shown
- Once it becomes little thick, add a TBSP ghee, keep stirring the mix.add the ghee in intervals
- Stir this until the burfi mix leaves the pan
- Now the burfi mix leaves the pan, turn off the heat and transfer it to a greased plate, flatten it
- While the burfi mix is still warm, grease the knife and cut this into desired shape and size
- Instead of carrot you can use pineapple,beetroot or prepare just the coconut and jaggery.