Dosa / Dose is the popular common breakfast item in typical south Indian Kitchen. It is prepared using many different ways and with different ingredients. Here we have the recipe of one of the varieties of dosas which is neer dosa, using rice. It is typical Malnad and coastal region breakfast. Neer Dosa is basically rice dosa. Since the batter is very thin, like water, it is called Neeru Dosa – neeru meaning water in Kannada. The good thing about this dosa is that there is no need to ferment the batter.
Prep Time 3 to 4 hours
Cook Time 20 minutes
- Grind the soaked rice into a fine paste with 1 cup of water (use the same water which you used for soaking the rice)
- Add remaining water and mix well and make it a thin batter.
- To make the Dosa:
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat.
- Take a ladle of batter (mix the batter each time you make the dosa) and simply spread it all over the tava.
- Put ½ tsp oil on top and cover the lid. Let it cook for a minute.
- Take the dosa out when it is only a white color, yet fully cooked.
- To make another one, again put oil on the skillet and follow the same procedure.
- Enjoy Neeru Dose with chutney or Banana Rasayana. This also very popularly known as akki dose.