Another summer recipe where you can prepare, store it and use it on winter days is this rice flour sandige, or akki sandige. This sandige has to be deep fried and served with rasam rice or evening snack!
Try other summer sun dried recipes such as rice flour papads, rava papads ..
Rice flour Sandige | Akki sandige
- 1 cup rice flour ( washed dried and then milled flour) you can use regular rice flour
- 5 green chillies
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1.5 cup water
- pinch of hing
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- cut the green chillies and grind it without adding water
- keep the water to boil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add rice flour and leave it for half a minute
- mix it well, turn off the heat and cover it and keep it aside for 5 minutes
- grease the plates and chakli press and keep it ready.
- Once the dough becomes warm enough to handle, add jeera, mix it and transfer it onto a greased plate, knead it well.
- Fill the dough in the chakli press(use chakli disk to make the sandige)
- Press on the greased plate parallel to one another as shown
- Sun dry this for 2 days and store it in an airtight container.
- Once the sandige dried well in sunlight, store it in an airtight container and deep fry this in oil whenever you want to eat.
- serve fried sandige with rasam rice or rice dishes.or eat as it is.
To deep fry :
- Heat enough oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add the sandige, fry it and serve