Plantain Curry recipe |Vegan Plantain Curry | Plantain Recipes | Green Banana dry curry
Plantains are the healthiest vegetables which should be incorporated in our diet at least once a week. Plantains are loaded with Vitamin B6, antioxidants and minerals. Plantains contain soluble fibers which aid in regular bowel movements.
To know more about which is better: “ ripe banana or plantains ?” please READ THIS Article In this article Dr. Shivashankar explained it thoroughly about the nutrients associated with plantains and bananas.
Here is the simple yet delicious side dish using plantains. Plantain curry or vegan plantain palya recipe. You can use this palya in a sandwich, or with rotis, burritos…
Check this no fermentation Plantain dosa recipe and homemade plantains chips recipe as well.
You can find GLUTEN FREE HING HERE
- Wash the plantains
- peel a thin layer and
- steam cook on medium high heat for 13 to 14 minutes
- Once cooked remove the skin
- and grate it using the grater
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once the oil is hot add hing, mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds pop, add dals. Fry it until the dals turn golden brown.
- Now add chillies,turmeric powder, curry leaves and the grated plantains . mix it well.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add salt, coconut and mix it.
- If you feel the palya is dry, sprinkle some water.
- Cover it and cook it on low heat for a minute. Turn off the heat.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice mix it well.
- Palya is ready to serve with rice, roti …
You can use onion for this palya.