SImple yet delicious and healthy Palya recipe – Green papaya palya | raw papaya palya | pappaya palya | parangikai palya | Green papaya palya
For kannada recipe link – https://swayampaaka.com/recipes/side-dishes/palya/papaya-palya-recipe-parangikai-palya/
Green papaya is extremely nutritious and has lots of health benefits.
!Benefits of papaya :
Low calorie vegetable – Helps in weight loss
Good for breastfeeding mothers increases milk production)
Good for diabetic people
Reduces menstrual cramps
Rich in vitamin C and E Which helps in reducing wrinkles
Good for digestion And many more
Also crush or powder tsome 10 to 15 seeds and boil with 2 cups of water and drink everyday for a week. This is good for the liver and get rid of worms
Try the simple palya recipe using green papaya.
You can also use this papaya to make sambar , Idli, gojju, halwa…
Tools I use in my kitchen – https://amzn.to/3iz1Lma
- in small papaya or 1/2 papaya as shownthe video OR
- 2.5 cups to 3of chopped papaya
- Remaining papaya you can make idli huLi/sambar/kootu..
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp kadle bele / chana dal/bengal gram
- 1 tsp urad dal/uddina bele/black gram
- 3 to 4 green chillies chopped
- Few curry leaves
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Little turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh /frozen grated coconut
- juice of half lime optional
- around 1/2 cup water depends on the papaya
- Peel the skin and scoop the seeds,
- then chop the papaya ( you can use mandolin slicer as shown here)
- heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add dals,
- Fry it until the dals turn golden brown.
- Then add chopped green chilies, fry it for few seconds,
- add curry leaves and turmeric powder, mix it
- Now add chopped papaya, and salt . Mix it well.
- add 1/4 cup of water, mix it, cover it and let it cook . Make sure to mix/stir in between.
- If needed - add another 3 to 4 tbsp of water , mix it , cover it and cook
- Once this papayas cooked and water is evaporated
- Add coconut and chopped coriander leaves, mix it and turn off the heat
- You can add lemon juice now.
- Palya/ stir fry is ready to serve!
You can use this mandolin slicer to chop