Green Grapes gojju | drakshi gojju
Delicious green grapes gojju recipe | drakshi gojju recipe
In case you end up with sour green grapes try this green grapes gojju recipe to make use of sour green grapes – green grapes gojju. Sour, sweet and spicy side dish for rotti, chapathi, rice and more.
Kitchen tools we use in our cooking: https://amzn.to/3iz1Lma
Green Grapes gojju | drakshi gojj
Please watch the video for the green grapes gojju / gravy
- 3/4 cup green grapes
- 14 red chilies 7 byadagi and 7 guntur red chilies
- 1/2 tbsp urad dal /split black gram
- 1 tsp methi seeds /fenugreek seeds
- 3/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- tamarind - wash and soak it in water
- 1 tbsp rock salt or salt to taste
- generous amount of jaggery quantity depends on the sourness of grapes
- chopped coriander leaves
- 2.5 cups of water
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/8 tsp hing / asafetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal /split black gram
- 1/2 tsp Chana dal / Split bengal gram
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Few curry leaves
- 1 red chili broken
For Masale :
- wahs the green grapes and keep it ready
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan on medium low heat, add red chilies, keep stirring and add Methi seeds, curry leaves, and the dals, fry it until the dals turn golden brown. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
For making gojju:
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add dals.
- Once the dals turn golden brown add hing, broken red chilies, turmeric powder, curry leaves and washed grapes,
- Mix it and cover it. Let it cook.
- Grind the masala along with coconut without adding water first, then add water and grind it to a coarse consistency.
- Add the masala to the grapes,
- Add some water to the mixer jar and add that as well
- Mix it well, add tamarind extract,
- add salt, jaggery mix it well
- Add enough water to get gojju consistency ,
- Let it boil on medium low heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the gojju with rice, rotti, idli, chapathi....