When jackfruit is in season you should try all the mouth watering dishes using this unique flavored fruit. Jackfruit dosa is like a sweet, snack, or breakfast dish . It is gluten free, and no fermentation needed. You can grind and make the dosa almost immediately.
This is the special malnad and udupi region breakfast.
- 20 jackfruit (remove the seeds and keep it ready.
- ½ cup rice wash and soak in 1 cup water water
- ¼ cup Jaggery powder
- cup Little more than ¼grated coconut
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- 3 cardamom
- Ghee or oil to make dosa
- Remove the seeds from the jackfruit and keep it ready
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 cup of water for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Drain some water into a cup from the soaked rice.
- Grind the soaked rice along with coconut, cardamom,salt, and jaggery to a fine paste. Add water if needed
- Transfer to a bowl . Consistency of the rice batter should be like this
- Grind the jackfruit separately to a fine paste.
- Add this to rice batter and mix it well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease and Heat the tava on medium heat.
- Once it is hot enough (to check, sprinkle water on the tava, you should hear a strong sizzling sound), pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center. Spread the batter from the center in a circular motion to make a circle.
- Add the ghee/oil to the center and around the edges, and cover it with a lid.
- After a minute or so flip it to the other side using a turner and add little ghee, allow it to cook.
- Remove and repeat the same procedure with remaining batter.
- Eat the dosa with ghee, honey .