Black beans salad incorporates everything. It is protein rich, have complex carbohydrates and vital nutrients. This is a wholesome salad. This Mexican Salad originated from Mexico. Along with avocado and black beans this Mexican salad is a healthy whole some meal.
Nutritional and Health Benefits of Black Beans
- Black beans are rich in Molybdenum. Molybdenum helps in metabolizing carbohydrates and fats.
- Including beans in our diet helps in reducing the risk of polyps and colorectal cancer.
- Black beans added to our diet, provides almost 3/4th of the daily requirement for fiber.
- Black beans are rich in anthocyanins, a vital antioxidant.
- Due to black bean’s rich protein and fiber combination, it helps in regulating the blood sugar.
- Black beans contains greater than 4 grams of soluble fiber, which helps in reducing the LDL cholesterol.
- Black beans high fiber and protein content keeps you full for a longer time. This reduces frequent craving for food and their by aiding in the goal of weight loss.
- They are rich in Thiamin (Vitamin B1), which helps to fend the stress and in prevention of memory loss, including Alzheimer’s disease.
Here is a list of resources that provides interesting information and nutrition details of black beans
- What’s New and Beneficial about Black Beans, from The World’s healthiest foods
- Black Beans: One of the Best Foods for Longevity and Health from Yahoo Health
- After-40 Nutrition: The Surprising Health Benefits of Beans, by Samantha Heller, on Dr.Oz.com
Ingredients for Black Beans Salad:
- 1 cup cooked black bean with a ½ tsp salt and drain the water or 16 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed with a squeeze of lemon.
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup scallions or onions
- ½ cup tomato diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup avocado chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño (you can use any variety of green chillies depending your taste).
How to make wholesome black beans salad:
Mix all the ingredients together. Add your favorite dressing. Delicious, colorful Black Bean Avocado Salad is ready to eat! Goes well as a main course or side dish for lunch or dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions, Suggestions
- I wonder if lime would go a bit better with the flavors instead of lemon?
Great suggestion. Certainly yes, lime adds more flavor. Adding lemon zest along with lime, brings out a very appetizing aroma to the salad.
- What is the best dressing for the beans salad?
Please check out “Easy and Elegant Green Salad” dressing at Jazzy Vegetarian. It goes extremely well with this salad.
- Addition of some corn from the cob adds a nice sweetness and crispiness!
Another great suggestion. Make sure you use non-GMO one.