Upma Recipe | Rava Upama Recipe
- 1 cup coarse rava local rave
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 2.5 to 3 cups water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 3 TBSP oil
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 to 8 green chillies number of chillies depends on your tolerance to hot
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- handful of chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Dry roast the rava until the raw smell disappears or turns light brown color.
- Keep the water to boil.
- Heat 3 TBSP oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds, once the mustard seeds pops add chana dal and urad dal. Fry it until the dals turn golden brown. Then add the green chillies. Fry it until it turns little white.
- Now add the chopped onion, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Mix well and fry it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add the boiling water. Add coconut,(if you are using the frozen coconut) and salt.
- Reduce the heat and slowly add the rava, mixing it along. Cover it and let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat.Reduce the heat and slowly add the rava, mixing it along. Cover it and let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat.
- Add grated fresh coconut, mix it and garnish with cilantro. Now, scrumptious Upma is ready!
Here’s a table that shows the nutritional data for a typical serving size of upma (100 grams):
|Nutrient||Amount per 100g|
Please note that the nutritional content may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used and the recipe. Additionally, serving size can vary depending on how much upma is consumed.