Oats Upma recipe | Healthy vegan and gluten free breakfast recipe
Healthy and tasty oats upma with video instructions .
Breakfasts are the important meals of the day. We need healthy and tasty recipes for breakfast. Here is the simple yet delicious oats upma with vegetables.. This is gluten free( make sure to buy gluten free oats) Vegan breakfast recipe. For more breakfast recipes CLICK HERE
- Gluten free quick cooking steel cut oats (BUY HERE)
- stainless steel utensils (BUY HERE)
- Stainless steel kadai BUY HERE
Oats Upma |Oats uppittu
- First dry roast the oats on medium heat until it turns golden brown
- Like we do with upma rava, you can roast it and store this oats
- Once the oats turn golden brown, turn off the heat and transfer it to a plate and let it cool completely before we make the uppittu
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it sputters add dals and peanuts
- Fry it until the dals /bele turns golden brown
- Take these peanuts out onto a plate, we can add it at the end.
- Now add chopped green chillies, turmeric powder,fry it for a few seconds,then add chopped onions. Sprinkle a little salt and fry it for 1/2 minute.
- Add curry leaves, peas, and carrot. Mix it . Fry it for a few minutes. then cover it and keep it for 1/2 minute
- after 1/2 minute- add roasted oats, and salt. Mix it well.
- Add water, mix it and cover it. Cook it on medium low heat . once in 2 to 3 minutes make sure to mix this
- after 10 minutes on medium low heat - oats are cooked well. Add coconut, fried peanuts and chopped cilantro. Mix it well and turn off the heat.
- Then squeeze the lemon juice, mix it and serve,
- You can eat either hot uppittu or cold uppittu. Both tastes very good.
you can add any vegetables which needs less time to cook