Multigrain Adai Dosa
Multigrain dosa or this adai is one of the healthiest breakfast from Karnataka kitchen! Breakfasts are one of the most important meals of the day. It has to be loaded with protein, fiber, and carbohydrate to take you through whole day. It is very important for kids to have a good morning breakfast to be energized, attentive and focused at school. It is always boring to eat the same dish in the morning, so we have another delicious, super healthy breakfast to add to your breakfast list – multi grain Adai Dosa with super grain of the era Millets.This Multi grain(whole) Adai is very nutritious, Instant Dose with no fermentation needed.Best for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It also has good amount of methi seeds. Millets believed to be good for diabetic patients since it releases the glucose slowly. Al millets are non glutinous grains. Here we are using whole grains/lentils, if this is not available you can use split lentils
- 1/2 cup foxtail millet or any type of millet
- 1 tbsp Garbanzo beans / kabuli chana
- 1 tbsp brown chana / kadle kaalu
- 2 tbsp Black Eyed Beans alasande kaalu
- 2 tbsp red kidney beans
- 2 to 3 tbsp green gram/ mung beans / hesaru kaalu
- 2 tbsp black gram / whole urad with husk
- 1 tbsp menthya/fenugreek seeds
- 3 to 4 green or red chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1¼ to 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- Around 2 cups of water
- Wash and soak all the grains along with the methi seeds in 3 cups of water for 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Grain the water and wash these soaked grains few more times.
- Grind this along with coconut, ginger and chillies, along with required amount of water ( used around 1½ cup) to a relatively coarse paste.
- Transfer this batter to a big bowl. Add water to the mixer jar to get that remaining batter From the jar.
- Add salt, mix it well and keep aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
To make Dosa:
- Add water to the batter if needed and give it a good stir.
- Heat the greased tava/skillet on medium heat.
- Once it is hot enough (to check, sprinkle water on the tava, you should hear a strong sizzling sound), pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center. Spread the batter from the center in a circular motion to make a circle.
- Add the oil to the center and around the edges, and cover it with a lid.
- Once the dosa turns golden yellow, remove it from the tava and serve hot with Chana dal chutney .
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining batter. If needed grease the tawa/griddl
You can use any millet or replace millets with rice.