Banana Parata or Banana Chapathi or Banana roti is simple yet delicious healthy breakfast or evening after school snack. My kids love this balehannina chapathi with Banana rasayana or mango seekarane during mango season.
when we say chapathi, it usually means using wheat flour or paratas using the vegetables like potato, cauliflower or greens…. Here we have the unique malnad style roti using the fruit Banana…
- Boil the water in a pan, chop the banana and add it to the boiling water along with jaggery, salt and let it boil.
- Once the bananas are cooked add coconut, ghee and cardamom powder ,mix it well. Turn off the heat.
- Add whole wheat flour and keep mixing , add the flour until you get the soft chapathi dough. I
- Knead it. Grease the dough with little ghee, cover it and keep it aside for an hour.
- Before rolling this knead it again.
- Heat the tawa on medium low heat.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Take one portion of the dough, dip it in the dry wheat flour, and roll it to a circle.( you can roll it to thin or thick circle)
- Put this on hot tawa and cook both side. Put some oil or ghee on top of the chapathi..
- Once it is cooked both sides and transfer it onto a plate.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- Eat the hot chapathi with ghee.