Banana Dosa or balehannina dosa is another classic breakfast of Malnad region, Whenever you have over ripe bananas in your kitchen this is another tasty dish you can prepare. The other delicious recipes using ripe bananas are Banana Idli, Banana Chapathi and banana rotti .
No fermentation required to make this easy gluten free Banana dosa. Eat this dose with joNi bella, banana seekaraNe or with honey or maple syrup as well.
- 2 ripe banana
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tsp salt to salt to taste
- around 1 cup water to soak the rice
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 tbsp powdered jaggery if you don't like to add jaggery you can skip as well
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 cup of water for minimum 2 hours
- transfer around 1/2 cup of water to a cup from the soaked rice and grind the rice along with cardamom, coconut, jaggery to a fine paste
- Now add the bananas, salt and pulse it a few times, transfer it to a bowl.keep it aside for minimum 1 to 2 hour maximum 3 to 4 hours
- After an hour, ... batter is ready to make the dosa. Consistency of the batter should be like this. I have used only half cup of water.
to make the Dosa:
- Grease and heat the tawa on medium low heat.
- Once the tava hot, take a ladleful of batter and pour it in the center and make the dosa
- put some ghee on the dosa and and to the edges as well, cover it and cook it
- Now the dosa ready, remove it and transfer it onto a plate. No need to grease the tava again.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining dosa batter
- Serve hot with ghee or honey or maple syrup.