Neem benefits for insulin resistance
Neem, also known as Azadirachta indica, is a tree that is commonly found in India and other parts of South Asia. Neem has a long history of use in traditional medicine and has been studied for its potential health benefits, including its ability to help control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
Here are some ways in which neem may be beneficial for controlling sugar:
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels: Several studies have found that neem can help to lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. This may be due to its ability to improve insulin sensitivity and increase the uptake of glucose by the cells.
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity: Neem has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, which is the ability of the cells to respond to insulin. This can help to reduce insulin resistance, which is a common problem in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces Inflammation: Neem has anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial for people with diabetes. Inflammation is a common problem in people with diabetes and can contribute to insulin resistance and other complications.
- Protects Against Oxidative Stress: Neem is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect against oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is a condition that occurs when there is an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in the body. This can contribute to the development of diabetes and other chronic diseases.
- Supports Liver Health: Neem is believed to support liver health, which is important for people with diabetes. The liver plays a key role in regulating blood sugar levels by producing and releasing glucose into the bloodstream.
While neem may be beneficial for controlling sugar, it’s important to note that more research is needed to determine the optimal dose and the long-term effects of neem. As with any herbal supplement, it’s also important to consult with a healthcare professional before using neem to help manage diabetes.