Yogurt/curd is rich in calcium, Vitamin B12 and other very important nutrients. Of course it is also a well known probiotic. These probiotics can help boost the immune system and promote a healthy digestive tract.This is a very good home remedy for women who suffer from urinary track infection.
Ghee is our age old ayurvedic medicine and taste enhancer, and its high heat cooking ability makes it the perfect oil substitute.
It has fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. Ghee helps with digestion, ulcers, and constipation. Ghee promotes healthy skin and eyes. It also promotes learning and memory retention. Ghee is very important during the early development of brain in children.
Aids in absorption of vitamins and minerals from other foods.
Rich in antioxidants.
To know more about the benefits of ghee read this article (virtues of ghee) by Dr.Shivashankar
This recipe is from my Mother, who makes excellent Rasam, Sambhar and Vangibath powder in an authentic way.
- 1 cup coriander seeds/dhania
- ½ cup jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ cup mustard seeds
- little less than ¼ cup methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed turmeric root/powder
- ½ teaspoon hing/asafoetida
- 25 to 30 curry leaves
- 25 dried red chillies (smooth skin/guntur variety)
- 50 to 55 byadgi red chillies (if you don’t have this variety, substitute with 35 other variety chillies)
- Heat the large pan on medium high heat.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, jeera, mustard seeds, and methi seeds one by one.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and fry pepper and turmeric. Transfer it the plate.
- Now add remaining oil and put curry leaves fry it for few seconds.Then add hing , chillies. Roast it until it becomes warm.Now add all other roasted ingredients .Mix well and turn off the heat. Let it cool completely before we grind it.
- Put this mixture to the mixer and grind it to fine powder. Transfer it to the bowl and mix it well.
- Our homemade Rasam Powder is ready. Use it for making rasam and other delicious dishes puliyogare gojju, Spiced poha and more.
This Bisbelebath powder recipe is from my Mother, who makes excellent Rasam, Sambhar and Vangibath powder in an authentic way.