This is a very traditional and authentic Gasagase Payasam (Khus khus Kheer) recipe, which is very popular in karnataka. Drinking this kheer before going to bed will assure a very good night sleep.
- 3 TBSP Gasagase/khus khus/Poppy seeds
- 1 TBSP Rice
- ¾ cup powdered jaggery
- 3 cardamom
- ½ cup fresh/frozen coconut
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp ghee
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Fry the rice and Poppy Seeds until it gives a good aroma. Keep it aside.
- To clean the jaggery, add little water and heat it. Once It is melted, strain it with clean cloth or strainer.
- Now grind the coconut, fried gasagase,rice and cardamom into fine paste by adding little water.
- Transfer the grind mix to a pan, cleaned jaggery syrup and remaining water and boil it on a medium heat.
- Once it starts boiling, a minute more is enough and then turn off the heat.
- Drink this hot Gasagase Payasa , before going to bed to get a good night sleep.