Yogurt/curd is rich in calcium, Vitamin B12 and other very important nutrients. Of course it is also a well known probiotic. These probiotics can help boost the immune system and promote a healthy digestive tract.This is a very good home remedy for women who suffer from urinary track infection.
Ingredients for making homemade yogurt:
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt, or yogurt starter
- Bring the milk aside and let to a boil, then set it cool. Once it has reached the right temperature — meaning that when you feel it with your finger, it is slightly more than warm, or around 115⁰F — transfer the milk to a container. Mix in the culture.
- Now we must maintain the temperature of this to allow it to ferment. There are two options.
- The first option is to wrap it with a towel/rag and let it sit for 4-5 hours.
- If you have an oven, you can use the second option — turn on the oven to 200-250, keep it on for only a minute and turn it off. Keep the container in the oven for four to five hours.