Methi leaves are rich in iron, Vitamin K and C. They help to prevent anemia. We are using this to make rotti using whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped methi leaves or fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp fried gram powder
- 2 tbsp fine sooji or rava
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- Oil for making rotti
- Parchment paper (you can use plastic sheet or any other sheets of your choice-just make sure it is food safe)
We recommend iron skillet instead of the non-stick tava/skillet. One skillet that has served me well is, Lodge Iron Skillet.
- First add all the ingredients except water to a big bowl.
- Then add water slowly and mix all these ingredients until you get a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Then take each one and pat it on the paper to get a round shaped rotti or tortilla.
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the prepared rotti on the skillet and let it cook.
- Once it turns to golden brown, turn it to other side to cook well.
- Take it out when both side are golden brown.
- Serve hot along with your choice of chutney.